Went for antenatal checkup on 04/04/06. Tons of questions were prepared for this round. First complain was about numbness and stiffness on my finger joints in the morning. Mr O'Brien told me that it was Carpal Tunnel Syndrome...CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME... I've never heard of that?? And how about you? Here it goes....
Carpal tunnel Syndrome:
1) "Pins and needles " in your hands . The condition is caused by pressure on the nerve that passes along the wrist to hand.
2) water retention can cause the area to swell.
Pelvic Pains
1) Caused by baby's pressing onto pelvic structure.
- Hairline cracks on tailbone
1) Does not affect my labour, bad news is that I might feel soreness after labour.
I was excited to see if kaelyn has engaged at 35th weeks. Hoping that there will be a scan to see her. Quite disappointed when Mr O'Brien said " Let me check her position" ?????? hmmm.. I was in a shocked that he's able to know if kaelyn is engaged by "feeling" I guessed he must be quite an expert ya. He gently pressed on my tummy and commented " this is her bottom, on the right side of your tummy will be her legs. Finally he felt the lower tummy and said baby's head has fitted into the pelvic muscle. Baby is Engaged! Mr O'brien took a cassette sized thingy to hear baby's heartbeat. Wow... her heartbeat sounded like a horse galloping in the big field.. And he commented "Listen to her heartbeat, she's a happy baby"
After all the checks, I was told to meet up with Ms Erskine, Mr O'Brien's partner on the 37th wks visit. I'm looking forward to see Ms Erskine!!
4/4/06
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment